The Federal Government on Wednesday approved $1,959,744,723.71 for the construction of a rail line that will link Nigeria to Niger Republic.
The approval was given at a meeting of the Federal Executive Council presided over by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).
- Looting: Hoodlums allegedly kill graduate because he could identify them in Osun State
- Govt officials approached my office to sell COVID-19 palliatives –Galadima
- Nigerian Man Becomes Queen Elizabeth Scholar
- Photos: 144 arrested for participating in Kwara mall loots
- Photos: Makinde held emergency meeting with traditional rulers, Clerics, others over EndSARS Protests
The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, told State House correspondents at the end of the meeting that the sum approved for the development of the proposed rail line linking Kano-Dutse-Katsina-Jibia and to Maradi in Niger Republic is inclusive of Value Added Tax.
Amaechi said apart from that, the council also approved the award of a contract worth N3.049 bilion for the design, manufacture, supply, testing, and commissioning of one railway crane for the purposes of clearing rail tracks in situations of accidents.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes