Prof. Banji Akintoye
The President-General of the Yoruba World Congress, Prof. Banji Akintoye, said on Wednesday that the over 55 million Yoruba people in the South-West would get freedom by having the sovereign Yoruba nation without breaking the law of Nigeria or shedding blood.
Akintoye stated this at the YWC House in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, during the celebration of the anniversary of the Kiriji War, which happened over 130 years ago.
The retired don said, “We have been saying we will have the Yoruba nation. The Yoruba World Congress is committed to helping the Yoruba nation to secure its position in the comity of nations.”
Stressing the significance of the struggle, he said, “When we first started the process, we had a total of 45 organisations, but now, we can boast of a total of 107 different organisations.
“They do say that I don’t compromise; it is not every time. But once we say we will take a common stance, I don’t know how to betray. We will get the Yoruba nation free without violence; we will not break the laws of Nigeria. If there is anyone who wants to be violent, we will tell them, no.”
On the proposed rally fixed for October 1 by some youths, he said they reserved the rights to stage the rally, but warned against violence.”
The leader of the Movement for Oduduwa Republic, Mr Akin George, stressed on unity among the Yoruba.
- Looting: Hoodlums allegedly kill graduate because he could identify them in Osun StateA staff of a company in Osogbo, Osun State, Abdul Rasheed Olawale Aderogba was killed by hoodlums who invaded and looted properties of the company on Saturday October 26, 2020. … Continue Reading Looting: Hoodlums allegedly kill graduate because he could identify them in Osun State
- Govt officials approached my office to sell COVID-19 palliatives –GaladimaAll Progressives Congress chieftain, Buba Galadima, says officials of an undisclosed state government once approached his office to sell COVID-19 palliatives. The elder statesman also lambasted state governments hoarding relief … Continue Reading Govt officials approached my office to sell COVID-19 palliatives –Galadima
- Nigerian Man Becomes Queen Elizabeth ScholarA Nigerian man, Jake Okechukwu Effoduh, who studied law at the University of Abuja has become a Queen Elizabeth Scholar. After going to law school in Nigeria, he bagged two … Continue Reading Nigerian Man Becomes Queen Elizabeth Scholar
- Photos: 144 arrested for participating in Kwara mall loots144 male and female suspects has reportedly been arrested for participating in the looting and destruction of Ilorin Airport Cargo warehouse, Kwara Agro Mall and Kwara Mall popularly called Shoprite … Continue Reading Photos: 144 arrested for participating in Kwara mall loots
- Photos: Makinde held emergency meeting with traditional rulers, Clerics, others over EndSARS ProtestsOyo State Governor Seyi Makinde, today, met with traditional rulers, caretaker Chairmen of local government, clerics in the state over the #EndSARS protests and subse events. Makinde announced on his … Continue Reading Photos: Makinde held emergency meeting with traditional rulers, Clerics, others over EndSARS Protests
He said, “We can’t fight the enemies if the home front is divided. We may have misunderstanding, but it should not lead to a quarrel.”
Other dignitaries at the celebration were High Chief Lekan Balogun, the Otun Olubadan who represented the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Adetunji; the Convener, Yoruba Koya, Otunba Deji Osibogun, among others.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes