The Nigerian Senate
An independent project monitoring and tracking organisation, trackaNG, has faulted the claims by the Senator representing Osun West Senatorial District, Adelere Oriolowo, on money spent for his 2020 constituency projects.
The group in one of its tweets on its official Twitter handle, @trackNG on Wednesday, alleged that Oriolowo got N40m allocation for a training programme but ended up spending N2.5m.
The tweet read, “N40m was allocated in the 2020 Federal Government Zonal Intervention Programme for practical skill development and training of youths and women in fishing in selected areas in Osun West Senatorial District, Osun State.
“We confirmed (that) 50 participants selected across 10 Local Government Areas, attended the training and received N50,000 (each) as start-up grant.”
However, several calls made to the phone number of Oriolowo by our correspondent to get his reaction, failed on Wednesday as he did not respond.
- PHOTONEWS: Students Of Government Secondary School Kwaru-Badarawa, Kaduna North, Sit On Bare Floor To Write NECO Exams
- GRAPHICS: Offa Poly SUG Awards Secret Cult Groups
- Alleged N338.8m Money Laundering: Trial Of Ex-Lagos Speaker Ikuforiji, Aide Resumes
- Maradona To Lie In State At Argentina’s Presidential Palace
- Sloppy Liverpool Beaten At Home By Atalanta
He had also yet to reply the text message sent to him as of the time of filing this report.
TrackNG, is a project of BudgITng which enables citizens to collaborate, track and give feedback on projects in their community.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes