The Federal Capital Territory Minister, Malam Muhammad Bello, has expressed sadness over the death of the acting Secretary for Education, Alh. Umaru Marafa, who passed away on Tuesday, after a brief illness.
Bello described the late civil servant as a dedicated, resourceful, and hardworking officer who devoted a greater part of his working career to the service of the FCT Administration.
He commented on the tremendous amount of work the deceased and his team in the education secretariat were doing to ensure the safe re-opening of FCT schools in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic
A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the FCT minister, Anthony Ogunleye, said, “The FCT minister also condoled with the government and people of Niger State and the Kontagora Emirate where the late Umaru Marafa was a prince.
- Model Ireland Basinger Baldwin lets her breasts hang out as she urges people to vote (photos)
- BREAKING: Panic as Hausa, Yoruba youths clash at Fagba, Lagos
- ENDSARS Protest: A Call For Youth Emancipation, Credible Leaders– Hassan Giwa
- Photos: Police officer beheaded and burnt to ashes by hoodlums in Anambra
- The Lekki toll gate gun attack has left me traumatized – Burna Boy
“He prayed for the repose of his soul and fortitude for his family over this great loss.”
Until his demise, Marafa had held several strategic positions in the FCTA, including, Head of Finance at the Abuja Geographic Information System, and Director of Administration and Finance at the Social Development Secretariat.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes