Ondo State Governor, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu, has offered free medical services to 70,000 residents from the 18 Local Government Areas of the state.
Speaking during the flag-off of the free medical outreach in Akure, the Secretary to the Ondo State Government, Mr Temitayo Oluwatuyi, said the gesture was not political and it was for residents of the state irrespective of their political or ethnic affiliations.
He said, “This is not attached to party affairs. It is those who are alive that will vote. Beneficiaries are not entering here with APC cards because everybody is free to do their test. People have been going for the test and nobody asked them their party cards. So, our people should not term it political.”
Oluwatuyi, who commended the governor for the initiative asked the residents to take advantage of the outreach, promising that the free treatment could be extended if the volume of people increased.
- Two dead, as Nigerian politician shot at peaceful protesters in Abule-Egba
- Actress Ada Ameh loses only child
- ENDSARS: Governor Makinde deploys Operation burst to tackle hoodlums
- Jail-breaks: 1,993 inmates escaped from Edo custodial facilities, says FG
- [BREAKING] EndSARS: Thugs were paid N500 to disrupt peaceful protests in Jos
The Chairman of the Medical Committee of the Akeredolu/Ayedatiwa Campaign Organisation, Prof. Simidele Odimayo, said the committee was targeting no fewer than 70,000 residents for its free medical services and treatment.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes