Maiharaji Altine, Gusau
Zamfara State Government has set up a commission of enquiry to investigate former Governor Abdul’aziz Yari on the alleged diversion of N100 billion local government funds.
The Deputy Governor, Mahdi Aliyu Gusau, alleged that the former governor diverted the amount through the awards of “fictitious or over-inflated” contracts.
Gusau said, “The verification committee appointed by the Zamfara State Government to investigate the contracts awarded by former governor Yari in the 14 local government areas of the state has discovered that most of the projects were either inflated or not done at all.
“Based on this, the state government finds it necessary to set up a commission of enquiry to properly investigate former governor Yari with a view of returning the diverted funds.
- Two dead, as Nigerian politician shot at peaceful protesters in Abule-Egba
- Actress Ada Ameh loses only child
- ENDSARS: Governor Makinde deploys Operation burst to tackle hoodlums
- Jail-breaks: 1,993 inmates escaped from Edo custodial facilities, says FG
- [BREAKING] EndSARS: Thugs were paid N500 to disrupt peaceful protests in Jos
He maintained that some contracts were awarded by Yari just one day to handing over adding that, “the work was not done and the money was paid to fictitious contractors.”
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes