Chantal Bwanga, president of United Methodist Women in Uvira, Congo, was forced to climb onto a roof to escape the flooding. Photo courtesy of Dr. Claude Watukalusu.
Officials say 15 people were killed after torrential rains in eastern Congo.
“We are recording enormous damage; practically it is a disaster. We have just removed 15 bodies from these waters,” North Kivu provincial official Roger Malinga said.
- Shocked: Hoodlums broke into a warehouse filled with hoarded Covid-19 palliatives
- Missing 19-year-old girl found dead in Badagry
- FEC: Buhari, ministers keep mum on Lekki killings
- Lekki Massacre: Seyi Tinubu’s firm explains reason for switching off billboard
- AJ, Ighalo condemn Nigerian Government
The rains on Thursday caused a river to overflow, explained Faustin Kasole, a civil society leader in the region, adding that one village had been entirely “wiped off the map.”
He said he expected the death toll to be much larger, given that the search for bodies had taken place in the dark overnight and was continuing.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes