In a bid to curb public disturbance of residents by its officers, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu, has instructed the Public Relations Officer of the Command to roll out the telephone numbers of the Public Complaint Bureau in addition to the already released phone numbers, to enable the general public lodge complaints against police harassment, brutality and extortion.
CP Odumosu ordered all checkmating units in the Command including Provost, X-Squad, CP Monitoring Team and Public Complaint Bureau (PCB), to arrest any policeman, who deviates from the normal ethics and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) of the Nigeria Police within Lagos State.
The Commissioner also urged members of the public to always take the pains of identifying such policemen who harass, brutalise and extort them as Lagos State hosts many police formations aside from the Lagos State Command.
- #Endsars protester killed barely three hours after tweeting ‘Nigeria will not end me’
- Soldier arrested for alleged cybercrime after asking…
- United Nations Calls For End To Attack On Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria
- Sanwo-Olu counters Army, says soldiers were deployed to Lekki toll gate
- #LekkiMassacre: Search lights on Tinubu as he jet-out to France
He noted that such identification is sine-qua-non to immediate investigation and disciplinary actions against the erring personnel.
He appealed to the general public to contact the Command (Public Complaint Bureau) on the following numbers: 09057597931 (WhatsApp), 09010512350 (OC PCB), 09010512348 and 09090003792.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes