US President Donald Trump drove past supporters on Sunday outside the hospital where he was being treated for Covid-19, after announcing on Twitter a “surprise visit” to his backers.
Seen in a dark face mask, waving to crowds, the president’s motorcade rolled past before returning to the Walter Reed military hospital near Washington.
“We’re going to pay a little surprise to some of the great patriots that we have out on the street,” Trump said in a video posted to Twitter shortly before his appearance.
“I’m about to make a little surprise visit.”
Trump also said he “learned a lot about Covid” by “really going to school,” as he has battled the virus in hospital.
- Two dead, as Nigerian politician shot at peaceful protesters in Abule-Egba
- Actress Ada Ameh loses only child
- ENDSARS: Governor Makinde deploys Operation burst to tackle hoodlums
- Jail-breaks: 1,993 inmates escaped from Edo custodial facilities, says FG
- [BREAKING] EndSARS: Thugs were paid N500 to disrupt peaceful protests in Jos
“This is the real school. This isn’t the ‘let’s read the books school,’ and I get it, and I understand it, and it’s a very interesting thing,” he added.
Trump’s doctors said Sunday that he has “continued to improve,” adding that he could be discharged as early as Monday.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes