A coalition of South-East Youth Leaders on Monday chided the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Uche Secondus, over his declaration that the party’s presidential ticket in 2023 was open to all.
The group accused Secondus of selfishness. This was contained in a statement signed by the President-General and Secretary of the coalition, Goodluck Ibem, and Kanice Igwe, respectively.
The statement read partly, “How can Secondus wake-up to say that a party that believes so much in zoning, a party that enshrines zoning of political offices in its constitution has suddenly thrown away that section overnight simply because he, Secondus, must be re-elected as National Chairman. This his egocentric game plan will not work.
- Tax records show Trump had over $270 million in debt forgiven after failing to repay his lenders – New report alleges
- 2023: Buhari Re-appoints Mahmood Yakubu As INEC Chairman.
- Papers filed against Tinubu, Alpha Beta burnt in court —Lawyer
- WAEC to release 2020 SSSCE results next week
- Lekki Killings: Lagos State Government invites us to intervene– Army reveals
“PDP is morally and constitutionally obligated to zone the presidential ticket of the party to the South-East geopolitical zone because it is the only zone that has not produced Nigerian President before.
“The people of the South-East have paid their dues in the development and advancement of the country and now is the time for the party to pay back Ndigbo for its years of support and solidarity to the PDP.”
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes