The trial of Nigerian Internet celebrity Hushpuppi, earlier scheduled to commence this month, has been suspended as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
The suspension is contained in the orders of a district judge in California, Otis Wright, released on September 23.
Hushpuppi, whose real name is Ramon Abass, is being tried on a four-count charge of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, money laundering conspiracies, international money laundering, and engaging in monetary transactions in property derived from specified unlawful activity.
His case was originally fixed for October 13 after he earlier pleaded not guilty to the charges pressed against.
- Erica to Kiddwaya: Don’t spoil my market, I’m very single
- EndSARS: We Are Survivors Of Police Brutality, Nigerians Storm Embassy In Australia
- Nigeria: #EndSARS movement avoids pitfalls of ‘leadership’
- EndSARS: Youths minister briefs Buhari
- Alleged fraud: Produce Maina within 21 days, judge tells Ndume
The trial will now continue on May 4, 2021.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes