A group of young Nigerians has occupied the streets in Lagos to protest police brutality and demand an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).
Using the hashtag #LagosProtests, the youths shared videos and photos of them gathered at Ikeja Underbridge.
They displayed placards with various inscriptions lamenting police brutality and unlawful killings.
The youths in a signed petition said despite several reforms announced by the Inspector General of Police, “cases of abuse of citizens by operatives of the Special Anit-Robbery Squad have increased without any steps taken by the high command of the Nigeria Police Force to address the fundamental problem of impunity of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.”
They, therefore, demand the total disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad.
They plan to take the protest to Police Headquarters in Ikeja and to the Lagos State House of Assembly and continue for the next three days.
- FEC: Buhari, ministers keep mum on Lekki killings
- Lekki Massacre: Seyi Tinubu’s firm explains reason for switching off billboard
- AJ, Ighalo condemn Nigerian Government
- #Endsars protester killed barely three hours after tweeting ‘Nigeria will not end me’
- Soldier arrested for alleged cybercrime after asking…
See the tweets containing videos and photos from the protest below…
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes