The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Friday congratulated the United Nations World Food Programme on winning the 2020 Nobel Prize for Peace.
His congratulatory message was contained in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, titled ‘President Buhari congratulates UN World Food Programme on 2020 Nobel Prize for Peace’.
The statement read, “President Muhammadu Buhari congratulates the United Nations World Food Programme on winning the 2020 Nobel Prize for Peace.
“President Buhari believes that the award is a well-deserved honour for the frontline UN agency at the forefront of addressing hunger and promoting food security.
- Loots: Some want to blame you but you must not buy that narrative– Pastor Sam Adeyemi tells youth
- I wanted to share looted palliatives on my birthday — Lawmaker SOB Agunbiade
- US: Pence’s Chief of Staff Marc Short contracts COVID-19
- Police Brutality: Buhari expressed optimism over State Judicial Panel of Inquiry
- Palliatives in warehouses evidence my dad isn’t Nigeria’s problem -Buhari’s daughter
“The Nigerian President appreciates the tireless work of the WFP in providing the needed succour to vulnerable and displaced persons in North-Eastern Nigeria, paying tribute to all brave humanitarian workers who lost their lives in the service of humanity.
“The President notes that the award, coming on the heels of the event commemorating the 75th anniversary of the founding of the United Nations, will continue to spur the women and men of the WFP working in very difficult terrains to continue to respond to the numerous challenges facing the world.”
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes