The Director in charge of South-West, National Youth Service Corps, Mr Emmanuel Attah, has said no corps member was among the officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission whose boat capsized on Saturday.
Attah said this in an interview with The PUNCH in Akure on Saturday.
He said no corps member was deployed to the riverine area of the state for governorship election duty.
The NYSC director said, “We did not deploy corps members to the riverine areas, so none of our corps members is among those in the capsized boat.
“But we thank God that none of those in the boat died.”
- PHOTOS: Sanwo-olu inaugurates Judicial panel of Enquiry on Police brutality
- #EndSars: Protests in Kano as 17-year-old boy tortured to death by Police
- 15 killed in #EndSARS protests -Amnesty
- BREAKING: Police Fire Teargas At #EndSARS Protesters In Abuja
- Man rescued from committing suicide on Ikoyi Link Bridge
The PUNCH had earlier reported that the boat that carried some ad-hoc officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission with some election materials in the Igbokoda area of the Ilaje Local Government Area capsized.
But it was gathered that there were no casualties in the incident as the men of the Nigerian Navy rescued all the victims and the election materials.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes