President Muhammadu Buhari has asked the Senate to confirm the appointment of his Special Assistant on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie, and three others as commissioners of the Independent National Electoral Commission.
President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, on Tuesday read the letter from Buhari on the floor of the Senate.
Others are Prof Mohammed Sani Katsina), Prof Kunle Ajayi (Ekiti), and Seidu Ahmed (Jigawa).
“Appointment for commissioners for INEC. Pursuant to paragraph 14 of part 11 of the first schedule of the 1999 constitution,” Buhari said.
- Erica to Kiddwaya: Don’t spoil my market, I’m very single
- EndSARS: We Are Survivors Of Police Brutality, Nigerians Storm Embassy In Australia
- Nigeria: #EndSARS movement avoids pitfalls of ‘leadership’
- EndSARS: Youths minister briefs Buhari
- Alleged fraud: Produce Maina within 21 days, judge tells Ndume
Onochie is famous for making controversial posts on social media.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes