A former Senator from Zamfara West Senatorial District, Alhaji Yusha Anka, is dead.
Anka died in a hospital in Abuja around 1am on Tuesday following a heart problem.
He died at the age of 70.
Speaking with The PUNCH, the deceased’s brother, Ahaji Sani Anka, said funeral prayers would be conducted by 1pm today at the National mosques, Abuja.
Born in April 1950, Anka was in the Senate from June 1999 to May May 2007.
He was appointed as Chairman, Senate Committee on Ethics, Foreign Affairs, Police Affairs.
- #Endsars protester killed barely three hours after tweeting ‘Nigeria will not end me’
- Soldier arrested for alleged cybercrime after asking…
- United Nations Calls For End To Attack On Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria
- Sanwo-Olu counters Army, says soldiers were deployed to Lekki toll gate
- #LekkiMassacre: Search lights on Tinubu as he jet-out to France
He also served as the Vice-Chairman, Senate Committee on Commerce, Internal Affairs and Government Affairs.
Anka was elected as a senator on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party in 1999 but after serving his first term in the Senate, he defected to the then opposition All Nigeria Peoples Party where he also served in the upper chamber.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes