The Senate Minority Leader, Senator Abaribe said on Tuesday that the caucus is against nomination of his media aide Lauretta Onochie as Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) commissioner.
The caucus said President Muhammadu Buhari flouted the nation’s constitution with the appointment.
Information obtained by Akewusolaf revealed.
The opposition caucus also asked the President to withdraw Onochie’s nomination.
The caucus said President Muhammad Buhari, “has willfully gone against the constitution that he swore to uphold.”
- Scam alert! Hacktivist group Anonymous not giving Nigerians N2 million each during #EndSARS protests
- Taaooma charges Nigerians on morale ground
- Zamfara needs SARS – Governor Matawalle insists
- Videos: 12 year old rapper, Lil Rodney sentenced to 7 years for shooting 1-year-old baby
- Videos: Osun state residents cart away COVID19 palliatives stored in the Cocoa Processing Industry warehouse
The statement read in part, “Item F, paragraph 14 of the Third Schedule of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) forbids a card-carrying member of a political party to be a member of INEC.
“The Minority Caucus of the Senate is against this nomination and call on Mr President to withdraw it.”
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes