The wife of one Alhaji Aliyu Mai-Yadi Charanchi and his three-year-old son in Charanchi Local Government Area of Katsina State who were kidnapped on morning have regained their freedom.
The duo reportedly regained their freedom after the family paid a ransom of N1.2 million.
Credible family sources who pleaded anonymity revealed in Charanchi on Thursday that the mother and her son were freed on Wednesday.
One of the sources revealed, “We dropped the N1.2 million ransom negotiated with the kidnappers at a location on Wednesday and shortly thereafter, they freed them (the mother and the son).”
Efforts to speak with Alhaji Aliyu Mai-Yadi Charanchi over the incident were abortive as neighbours said they have travelled outside Charanchi.
The spokesman for the Katsina police command, SP Gambo Isah, could not also be reached for comments.
- FEC: Buhari, ministers keep mum on Lekki killings
- Lekki Massacre: Seyi Tinubu’s firm explains reason for switching off billboard
- AJ, Ighalo condemn Nigerian Government
- #Endsars protester killed barely three hours after tweeting ‘Nigeria will not end me’
- Soldier arrested for alleged cybercrime after asking…
Residents said the incident occurred about 12:30 am on Tuesday.
The kidnappers who were armed took the couples’ residence located at Unguwar Gabas in Charanchi at 12.30 on Tuesday by storm and kidnapped the housewife and her son.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes