The Presidential Panel on Reform of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) has recommended that the Inspector General of Police (IGP) dismisses 37 police officers.
They were found wanting following an investigation into allegations of human rights violations and abuse of office against SARS.
This was disclosed on Friday at a meeting between the Police Service Commission (PSC) and the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is the favourite to lead the WTO
- PHOTONEWS: Sanwo-olu visits vandalized spots in Lagos
- Scam alert! Hacktivist group Anonymous not giving Nigerians N2 million each during #EndSARS protests
- Taaooma charges Nigerians on morale ground
- Zamfara needs SARS – Governor Matawalle insists
Executive Secretary, Tony Ojukwu led the NHRC team to formally present the 2018 Report of the Presidential Panel and to solicit the PSC support in the implementation of the aspects of the Report covered by PSC constitutional mandate.
“We have come to see a PSC determined to play a leading role in the reform of the Nigeria Police Force”, he said.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes