Two unidentified persons were shot dead on Tuesday at the Santana Market along Sapele Road in Benin as hoodlums engaged policemen enforcing a 24-hour curfew imposed by the Edo State government.
The government had placed the curfew on the state following the violence which erupted on Monday during the #EndSARS protests rocking the country.
But from Ekenwan Road to Airport Road, Sapele Road and other interchange junctions within Benin metropolis, the youths took over strategic positions as they chanted anti government slogans.
The protest equally resumed in Auchi as the youths again regrouped at the popular Jattu junction, allowing only motorists on essential duties were allowed free passage.
Meanwhile, security has been tightened in parts of the state capital and adjoining towns.
- [Live] #Euro2020: Portugal 1-3 Germany
- Herdsmen attack Kwara APC spokesman’s farm, several injured
- Delta: Police arrest three suspects, recover guns, ammunition
- Sidechic reportedly arrested for drugging, robbing and stabbing Super TV CEO to death in Lagos
- Manchester United make improves bid for Jadon Sancho
Hoodlums had hijacked the #EndSARS protests in the state on Monday when they attacked two correctional centres freeing inmates.
The thugs had also burnt down no fewer than five police stations in the state.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes