One person was allegedly killed while some were injured as soldiers and policemen took over the crisis-ridden Oyigbo community in Oyigbo Local Government Area of Rivers State.
It was learnt that the victim, said to be a commercial motorcyclist, was hit by a stray bullet and reportedly died before he could be taken to the hospital for treatment.
Soldiers and anti- riot police operatives were deployed to the area after over 500 hoodlums suspected to be members of the proscribed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) invaded the Oyigbo Area Command, Oyigbo and Afam Police Stations, setting them ablaze and damaging about fifteen vehicles including one Armored Personnel Carrier (APC).
The spokesman of the State Police Command, Nnamdi Omoni, said normalcy had returned to the area after the deployment of security operatives.
- Gombe Lawmakers Impeach Speaker
- FG requires N1.5tr over three years to fix roads -Fashola
- Lagos East Senatorial By-Election: Abiru Files N1bn Lawsuit Against PDP Over Alleged Defamation
- 2019 Elections: Court Orders Arrest Of Professor Over Electoral Fraud
- Lekki shooting: ‘Your report is capable of setting Nigeria on fire’ — Lai Mohammed writes CNN
However, multiple sources have confirmed that shooting continued unabated in parts of Oyigbo and Iriebe in Obio-Akpo Local Government Area since since Thursday night. An unconfirmed number of houses are also said to have be burnt.
A resident of Oyigbo posted a photo of the alleged victim on Friday morning, October 23, when a reporter enquired about the gunfire in the area.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes