Minister of Youth and Sports Development Mr. Sunday Dare alongside Ministers from selected countries during an online meeting with top officials of the world Football Governing body, FIFA, agreed that a new course must be taken to ensure youth football development.
Speaking during the third edition of the Town Hall with Nigerian Youths, Mr. Dare said ” The Ministry of Youth and Sports Development is working with the Nigerian Football Federation in collaboration with the La Liga to organise training for coaches. We have asked the NFF to expand this programme to ensure that young coaches get proper training. I would take the message of Youth coaches training back to the NFF so that this can be expanded.
- JUST IN: Court Orders Senator Ndume To Be Remanded In Prison After Failing To Produce Maina
- BREAKING: FIFA bans CAF President for five years
- Japheth Omojuwa: What Blogging Has Done For Me… And Could Do For You Too
- Photos: 21-year-old Rwandan Who Eats Grass, Stays In The Jungle
- Chief Of Army Staff, Buratai, Directs Soldiers To Treat All Nigerians As Boko Haram Suspects
“The National Institute for Sports also trains quality coaches. We encourage youths to attend regular trainings.”
Mr. Dare disclosed that” I had a meeting with Fifa which wants to deepen youth involvement in football, coaches, referees, grassroots and secondary schools. They also need to deepen information network. I want to see more youths in the coaching crew of the Super Eagles, Flying Eagles and other junior teams.
“We would continue to create opportunities for our youths”
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes