The minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed, on Tuesday, December 1, said that Boko Haram is badly degraded and can only go after defenseless Nigerians.
Speaking at a press conference in Lagos, Mohammed said: “Going after soft targets is an act of desperation by the insurgents who have suffered huge setbacks in the hands of the military in recent times.
On the killing of farmers in Borno, I want to say it is an act of cowardice and savagery by a group of deranged terrorists, and it does not reflect the progress being made by the military against Boko Haram.
The modus operandi of a losing terror group is to go after soft targets in order to stay relevant. It’s not only Boko Haram that does that. In 2019, Al-Shabab attacked DusitD2 Complex in Nairobi, Kenya, killing more than 20.
Similarly,r the Peshawar school massacre of 16 December 2014 in Pakistan, carried out by six gunmen affiliated with the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan, left about 150 people dead, most of them students.
The truth is that Boko Haram is badly degraded and can only carry out cowardly attacks like the one against defenceless farmers over the weekend.”
- Despite threats, Nigeria safer under Buhari – Lai MohammedDespite rising security challenges facing the nation, Nigeria is still safer under President Muhammadu Buhari than what he met on assumption of office in 2015, Information Minister, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, … Continue Reading Despite threats, Nigeria safer under Buhari – Lai Mohammed
- FG MSME Survival Fund: Payroll Support Scheme To Be ExtendedPortal to be reopened for 7 days for states yet to meet quota The Steering Committee of the MSME Survival Fund and the Guaranteed Offtake Scheme Chaired by the Hon … Continue Reading FG MSME Survival Fund: Payroll Support Scheme To Be Extended
- I Detest Buhari Style Of Leadership —says Oby EzekweziliFormer Nigeria Minister for Education, Madam Obiageli Ezekwezili has said she detest the leadership style of President Muhammad Buhari. According to 57-year-old Oby, she didn’t have any personal hatred towards … Continue Reading I Detest Buhari Style Of Leadership —says Oby Ezekwezili
- 1 billion monthly security vote to Oyo Gov is meaningless – SPN tackles Makinde over insecurityThe Oyo State chapter of Socialist Party of Nigeria (SPN) has described the N1 billion security vote given to Governor Seyi Makinde monthly as meaningless. SPN alleged that the rising … Continue Reading 1 billion monthly security vote to Oyo Gov is meaningless – SPN tackles Makinde over insecurity
- Biden To Reinstate COVID-19 Travel BanPresident Joe Biden will re-impose a Covid-19 travel ban on most non-US citizens who have been in Britain, Brazil, Ireland and much of Europe, a White House official said Sunday, as the new … Continue Reading Biden To Reinstate COVID-19 Travel Ban
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes