President Muhammadu Buhari has agreed to address the House of Representatives on the state of insecurity in the country, as requested by the lawmakers.
According to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila, a date has been agreed on and it will be communicated soon.
He stated this on Wednesday, noting that the president is more concerned than most on the insecurity of the nation and will speak to the Nigerian people through their representatives soon.
The decision to summon President Buhari was taken at Tuesday’s plenary when the House considered a motion moved by members from Borno State on the recent massacre of 43 rice farmers in the state by Boko Haram insurgents.
The debate had earlier turned rowdy after the Speaker appealed that it would be inappropriate to invite the president to disclose the actions being taken towards handling the security situation in the country.
The Speaker had described it as counter-productive.
- Biden To Reverse Trump Policies, Remake US Role In Climate CrisisPresident Joe Biden committed the United States to rejoining the Paris climate accord, blocked an oil pipeline project and froze Arctic drilling in a raft of executive orders signed hours after taking … Continue Reading Biden To Reverse Trump Policies, Remake US Role In Climate Crisis
- Nigeria records 1,386 new COVID-19 cases, toll now 114,691The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has recorded 1,386 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of infections in the country to 114,691. The NCDC disclosed this on … Continue Reading Nigeria records 1,386 new COVID-19 cases, toll now 114,691
- Biden moves to have US rejoin Paris Accord, halt Arctic leasingHours after he was sworn in as the 46th president of the United States, Joe Biden took steps to undo some of President Donald Trump’s environmental policies. United States President … Continue Reading Biden moves to have US rejoin Paris Accord, halt Arctic leasing
- Corruption, inefficiency in regulatory agencies worrisome — OsinbajoSays Heads of agencies must be held to account
- EPL: Cavani, Pogba strike put Manchester United back on topManchester United rallied past Fulham to go back on top of the Premier League standings with a 2-1 win on Wednesday. The win at Craven Cottage gives United a two-point … Continue Reading EPL: Cavani, Pogba strike put Manchester United back on top
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes