Abubakar Shekau, leader of the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram, on Tuesday, revealed that the group killed 78 farmers and not 43.
Boko Haram attacked the farmers who were harvesting rice at Zabarmari community, in Jere Local Government Area of Borno State at the weekend.
Over 40 deaths were earlier reported and Governor Babagana Zulum told journalists that 43 farmers were killed.
However, in the video released on Tuesday, where Shekau boasted about the killing, the terrorist leader said they killed “at least 78 farmers”.
DAILY POST had earlier reported that Shekau claimed responsibility for the killing, accusing the farmers of handing over their members to the Nigerian army.
He warned that those in the habit of sharing intelligence on the sect’s activities with the military will face the same fate.
- 7 dead, 4 injured as prison warden cause fatal accident in ImoA fatal accident has claimed seven lives in Owerri and left about four persons severely injured. DAILY POST reports that the accident happened on Thursday between Nworie River and Mbari … Continue Reading 7 dead, 4 injured as prison warden cause fatal accident in Imo
- ‘I see major spiritual challenge’ — Doyin Okupe reacts to son’s gay statusDoyin Okupe, a former senior special assistant on public affairs to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan, has broken his silence after Bolu Okupe, his 27-year-old son, publicly declared his gay orientation. The … Continue Reading ‘I see major spiritual challenge’ — Doyin Okupe reacts to son’s gay status
- Ogun: Makinde woos Gbenga Daniel back to PDPOyo State Governor, Engr Seyi Makinde has appealed to former Governor Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State to return to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). DAILY POST recalls that Daniel had, … Continue Reading Ogun: Makinde woos Gbenga Daniel back to PDP
- Fayemi’s aide advocates change in education curricula for rapid developmentThe Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to Governor Kayode Fayemi on Students Matters, Mr Olalekan Soyombo has advocated a change in curricula across all levels of education for the nation to … Continue Reading Fayemi’s aide advocates change in education curricula for rapid development
- Sale Of Govt Assets Will Benefit Nigerians, Boost Economy – Finance MinisterThe Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed, on Friday, said the Federal Government’s planned sale of public assets will benefit Nigerians and help to boost the economy. In an appearance on … Continue Reading Sale Of Govt Assets Will Benefit Nigerians, Boost Economy – Finance Minister
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes