The Kidnappers of Reverend father Matthew Dajo of the St Anthony Catholic Church in Yangoji village, Kwali Area Council in Abuja suburb, are reportedly demanding for N100 million ransom before the victim will be set free.
The Catholic priest was abducted on Sunday, November 22 around 9:47:pm. It was gathered that the gunmen stormed the catholic priest’s residence with sophisticated weapons and then whisked him away.
A member of his church told Daily Trust that contact was established with the kidnappers on Saturday, and they have demanded N100 million as ransom.
“And you know since he was abducted, his abductors did not call until on Saturday and they are demanding for N100 million, but I don’t know at what figure has the man who is negotiating with them has been able to arrive at,” he said.
The insider said members of the church are facing a major problem on how to raise the large sum as it’s against the rules of the church to pay for ransom. He also stated the church is solely depending on the family members and relatives of the victim to source for ransom.
“And the other thing we are more worried about is that when a reverend father is abducted, it is against the rules of the church to pay for ransom, except the family members, friends or relatives of the victim can take such responsibility,” he said.
- President Buhari appoints Marwa NDLEA ChairmanPresident Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of former Military Administrator of Lagos and Borno States, Brigadier-General Mohammed Buba Marwa (Rtd) as the Chairman/CEO of the National Drug Law Enforcement … Continue Reading President Buhari appoints Marwa NDLEA Chairman
- Rooney Loses First Game In Charge Of DerbyWayne Rooney suffered defeat in his first match in permanent charge of Derby as relegation rivals Rotherham won 1-0 at Pride Park and Norwich opened up a seven-point lead at … Continue Reading Rooney Loses First Game In Charge Of Derby
- Tailors Making Fake Amotekun Uniforms Arrested In OyoWe heard that these people were sewing and selling the fake Amotekun uniform to some people particularly at Lagelu area of Ibadan. Some unauthorised tailors, said to have been sewing … Continue Reading Tailors Making Fake Amotekun Uniforms Arrested In Oyo
- BREAKING: Uganda’s Museveni wins sixth term with 58.6% voteUgandan President Yoweri Museveni has won a sixth term in office with 58.6 per cent of the vote, in an election disputed by his main rival Bobi Wine who trailed … Continue Reading BREAKING: Uganda’s Museveni wins sixth term with 58.6% vote
- Lagos Govt Extends Work-From-Home Directive As COVID-19 Surges OnFollowing the increase in the number of recorded cases of coronavirus in Lagos State, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has extended the work-from-home directive to all state public servants on Grade Levels … Continue Reading Lagos Govt Extends Work-From-Home Directive As COVID-19 Surges On
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes