The Nigerian Air Force strikes have killed several bandits and destroyed their hideouts and logistics items in a forested high ground area near Bayan Ruwa in Zamfara State.
In a statement by the Coordinator Defence Media Operations, Major General John Enenche, said that the success was achieved by airstrikes executed on 1 and 2 December 2020 pursuant to credible Human Intelligence (HUMINT) reports and confirmatory surveillance missions indicating that a group of armed bandits.
The group is said to be led by one Jummo, who has ties to terrorist elements in the North East, had established a camp at the location, where they kept their motorcycles, high-caliber weapons as well as scores of rustled cattle.
He noted that the Air Component dispatched an appropriate force package of Nigerian Air Force (NAF) fighter jets and helicopter gunships, which acquired and engaged the target area in successive passes, killing some of the bandits and their leaders and destroying portions of the camp, including their logistics storage, which was seen engulfed in flames.
- Insecurity: Flush out all criminals in your state, Buhari tells AkeredoluInsecurity: Flush out all criminals in your state, Buhari tells Akeredolu PRESIDENT Muhammad Buhari, yesterday, asked Ondo State governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, to flush out all the criminals in his state, … Continue Reading Insecurity: Flush out all criminals in your state, Buhari tells Akeredolu
- Egypt Says Retrieves 5,000 Artefacts From USIn a statement, the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities confirmed the “arrival at Cairo airport of a large number of ancient Egyptian items which had been in the possession of the Museum of the Bible in Washington”.
- Nollywood Actress Opeyemi Aiyeola Adopts A DaughterOpeyemi Aiyeola has adopted a daughter. The actress who has two sons with her husband recently added a daughter named Blessing to her family. She annnnounced on Instagram that in … Continue Reading Nollywood Actress Opeyemi Aiyeola Adopts A Daughter
- Stop fortifying cultists – Lagos Commissioner of Police warns Ikorodu traditionalistsThe Commissioner of Police in Lagos State, Hakeem Odumosu, has warned traditionalists in the Ikorodu Local Government Area of the state to stop fortifying cultists and criminals in the area. … Continue Reading Stop fortifying cultists – Lagos Commissioner of Police warns Ikorodu traditionalists
- COVID-19: Nigeria records 22 deaths,1,861 new infectionsThe Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), has reported 1,861 new coronavirus infections in the country. The health agency disclosed this via its verified Twitter account on Wednesday night. The … Continue Reading COVID-19: Nigeria records 22 deaths,1,861 new infections
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes