The trial of a former Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Mohammed Umar Dikko continued on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 before Justice Nnamdi Dimgba of the Federal High Court, Abuja with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, opposing a “no case submission,” filed by the defendant’s counsel, Dr Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN.
Dikko claimed that the Commission has not proven the charges brought against him beyond reasonable doubt and therefore, should be let off the hook while prosecuting counsel, Slyvanus Tahir informed the court that a reply to the “no case submission” was filed on November 26, 2020, urging the court to throw out the defendant’s application of November 9 for lack of merit.
Tahir further told the court that the evidences marshaled against Dikko show that he is guilty and deserves to be convicted and sentenced.
The EFCC closed its case against Dikko on November 28, 2019.
The defendant who served as Chief of the Air Staff between 2010 and 2012 is being prosecuted by the EFCC, on seven-count charge of money laundering and procurement fraud to the tune of N9.7 billion.
Justice Dimgba adjourned the matter till December 14, 2020 for ruling.
In responses to the Statement on official EFCC social, a social commentators, @okiedominic1 said;
“OMG that is no small money at all for one Man.and people actually paid for this with their lives in North because of one man’s greed. he put his own interests over the majority. EFCC don’t let Go”
- ‘Tinubu has paid his dues politically, let’s support him for 2023 Presidency’Rep. Babatunde Hunpe, representing Badagry Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, on Monday urged Nigerians to support Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s presidential ambition in 2023. Hunpe told the News Agency … Continue Reading ‘Tinubu has paid his dues politically, let’s support him for 2023 Presidency’
- PDP, APC in war of words over discovery of fake Amotekun uniforms…as PDP says ploy is to discredit Makinde’s govt THE Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Oyo state chapter, yesterday, said that its suspicion of opposition parties in the state having a … Continue Reading PDP, APC in war of words over discovery of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Yakubu Dogara Not Our Member – APC Tells CourtThe All Progressives Congress (APC) has denied claim by the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) that ex-Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara has defected to the party. Dogara, who … Continue Reading Yakubu Dogara Not Our Member – APC Tells Court
- Just In: Again, EFCC Arraigns ‘Mama Boko Haram’ on Fresh N41.7m Fraud ChargeThe Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Maiduguri Zonal Office, has arraigned Aisha Alkali Wakil popularly known as ‘Mama Boko Haram’ before Justice Aisha Kumaliya of the Borno State High … Continue Reading Just In: Again, EFCC Arraigns ‘Mama Boko Haram’ on Fresh N41.7m Fraud Charge
- Obasanjo Reacts To Jubril Martins-Kuye’s DeathFormer President, Olusegun Obasanjo has sent a condolence letter to the family of late Jubril Martins-Kuye, who passed on yesterday after a brief illness. Martins-Kuye, a former Nigerian Minister of … Continue Reading Obasanjo Reacts To Jubril Martins-Kuye’s Death
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes