Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has blamed fake news, social media and unbalanced coverage of the recent #EndSARS protests for the sagging morale among security agents and worsening insecurity in the country.
According to him, the mainstream media abandoned reportage of the protests to the social media, which in their sensationalism twisted the reports causing the country avoidable trouble.
Lamenting that the killings and brutality meted to security agents during the protests were poorly reported, he said: “Now, this is hunting all of us. Wittingly or unwittingly, we have succeeded in scaring policemen off their beats.
Today, many of them are even afraid to wear their uniform. And the result has not been pleasant, in terms of security of life and property.”
- Hauwa Adam, FCMB MD’s wife, debunks separation rumoursHauwa Adam Nuru, wife of Adam Nuru, managing director of First City Monument Bank (FCMB), says reports that she moved out of her matrimonial home are false. Adam Nuru made … Continue Reading Hauwa Adam, FCMB MD’s wife, debunks separation rumours
- Trump’s Former Physician Dies At 73President Donald Trump’s former personal doctor — who claimed Trump had dictated a letter insisting he would be the “healthiest” president ever — has died, reports said Thursday. Harold Bornstein … Continue Reading Trump’s Former Physician Dies At 73
- Golden Eaglets Qualify For WAFU Final, Seal U-17 AFCON SpotNigeria’s Golden Eaglets have qualified for the final of the WAFU U-17 tournament in Lome, Togo, following a 1-0 win over Group A winners Burkina Faso at the Stade Kegue. … Continue Reading Golden Eaglets Qualify For WAFU Final, Seal U-17 AFCON Spot
- US Supreme Court Approves Last Federal Execution Of Trump’s EraDustin Higgs, a 48-year-old black man, will receive a lethal injection in the federal penitentiary in Terre-Haute in Indiana, after the final court rejected a stay of execution.
- Armed Forces Day: Buhari is a failure – Nnamdi Kanu mocks President as pigeons refuse to flyNnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra has described President Muhammadu Buhari as a failure. Kanu was reacting to the incident of pigeons refusing to fly after the … Continue Reading Armed Forces Day: Buhari is a failure – Nnamdi Kanu mocks President as pigeons refuse to fly
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes