The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, has said President Muhammadu Buhari is aware of the current hardship Nigerians are facing.
According to the minister, the just concluded #EndSARS protest, which gripped the whole country, has caused a lot of suffering to the people.
Recall that thousands of Nigerians held the #EndSARS campaign in October, taking to the streets to protest police brutality.
The protests resulted in the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad unit of the police.
Speaking at the commissioning of a central mosque built by Ta’Awunu Islamic group in Iwo, Osun State, on Saturday, Aregbesola said, “The President is aware of the hardship facing the citizens of the country. This was caused by the pandemic and the #EndSARS protests which erupted in many states of the federation. The president is doing all his best, and I can assure you that very soon, all will be well and we will be happy again.
- Insecurity: Senate won’t fight Buhari to please anybody — Lawan…Moddibo Adama Varsity sets to transform into new status – VC PRESIDENT of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan, said yesterday that the National Assembly has no reason whatsoever to fight … Continue Reading Insecurity: Senate won’t fight Buhari to please anybody — Lawan
- Kukah: North Central Muslim Group Warns Against Inflammatory RhetoricPresident, North Central Muslim Peace Initiative, Alhaji Saleh Zazzaga, has called for restrain in the inflammatory rhetoric in various quarters and on social media in reaction to the Christmas message … Continue Reading Kukah: North Central Muslim Group Warns Against Inflammatory Rhetoric
- You can’t order herders out of Ondo, presidency tells AkeredoluThe presidency has reacted to the directive of Rotimi Akeredolu, governor of Ondo state, who gave herders a seven-day ultimatum to vacate ondo forest. The governor, who said the decision was … Continue Reading You can’t order herders out of Ondo, presidency tells Akeredolu
- One dead, others injured, as masquerade groups clash in EdoA clash between two masquerade groups in Igarra, administrative headquarters of Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of Edo State, who came out to dance in the annual Ekuochi Festival, has left … Continue Reading One dead, others injured, as masquerade groups clash in Edo
- Why Buhari will be remembered like Trump – FayoseFormer Governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose, on Tuesday, compared President Muhammadu Buhari to US President Donald Trump. Fayose, who has been criticising the present administration, said Buhari would be … Continue Reading Why Buhari will be remembered like Trump – Fayose
“My reasons for coming to the state is in two folds; #EndSARS and to remind us that Coronavirus is still very much with us. We can’t afford to return to when the virus was at its peak in the country. That is why we must observe social distancing and use our face masks always. Cases are still being recorded every day.
“During this festive period, we must be cautious. We should obey the holy prophet’s teachings that say, ‘When there is an epidemic somewhere, we should not live there, and those outside should not join until the epidemic is over.’ We must take responsibilities for our lives.”
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes