Governor of Ekiti State Dr. Kayode Fayemi has said that he is not an advocate of zoning.
Fayemi’s comment comes on the heels of various calls to have a President of Southeastern extraction.
Many from the region have over the years felt marginalized and believe that 2023 is the year for a balance to be achieved in the Nigerian political sphere.
- Presidency brokers meeting between South-West govs, Miyetti Allah leaders in OndoThe Presidency has brokered a parley between the South-West governors and the leadership of the Miyetti Allah in a bid to find a solution to the crisis in the region … Continue Reading Presidency brokers meeting between South-West govs, Miyetti Allah leaders in Ondo
- Police confirm 8 deaths, 60 arrests in Effium-Ezza Effium clashes in EbonyiThe police, in Ebonyi, have confirmed the death of eight persons and arrest of more than 60 others, following clashes between Effium and Ezza Effium communities in Ohaukwu Local Government … Continue Reading Police confirm 8 deaths, 60 arrests in Effium-Ezza Effium clashes in Ebonyi
- Fake police, POS robber arrested in LagosThe Lagos State Police Command has arrested a fake Police officer and a suspected robber who terrorises Point Of Service, POS, operators in Lagos. The fake Police officer, 37 years … Continue Reading Fake police, POS robber arrested in Lagos
- Military air strike kills ‘many bandits’ on Kaduna-Abuja highway – Official“The attack aircraft therefore took turns in engaging the bandits, who were seen firing at the attack helicopter as it strafed them…”
- Akungba Akoko Tragedy: Woman dies after death of 3 children in AAUA accidentThe mother of three siblings, all undergraduates of the Adekunle Ajasin University, who are among those crushed to death by a truck in Akungba Akoko, Ondo State, on Saturday, died … Continue Reading Akungba Akoko Tragedy: Woman dies after death of 3 children in AAUA accident
Reacting to this, Fayemi who was a guest on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics said he understands why those who feel marginalized are clamoring for a Southeast Presidency come 2023.
The governor said he also understands that “in a country that is multicultural, multireligious and multiethnic, one of the equilibrating mechanisms is to ensure that those in leadership represent the mosaic that the country is”.
He, however, stressed that he strongly is of the view that excellent Nigerians come from all parts of Nigeria, adding that there is no place where qualified and purpose-driven leaders cannot be found.
Fayemi who was in charge of the APC primaries in 2014, said there is no reason why candidates from all parts of Nigeria will not partake in the primaries when the stage is set in 2023.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes