The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has intervened in the family crisis of a Channels Television Reporter in the state, Pius Angbo, and his wife, Ifeanyinwa Angbo.
The social media has been agog in the last 24 hours following a video showing Ifeanyinwa crying to the public for help over alleged repeated assaults by her husband.
The woman in the two minutes and 13 seconds’ video revealed that she had never known peace in six years of her marriage, adding that she gave birth to a baby through Cesarean Section only four weeks ago.
She said her husband assaulted her after she advised him to desist from spending recklessly on other women and save the money to take care of his children.
Ortom’s Senior Special Assistant on New Media,Jimin Geoffrey, shared details of the reconciliation on Facebook on Monday. Angbo’s associates on Facebook reshared the post.
Meeting the couple at the Government House on Monday, Governor Ortom counselled them always to settle their differences amicably and shun the temptation of engaging in violence.
He stated that as a young couple with great potential, there was a need for them to foster a strong union to serve as models to others.
The statement claimed that Angbo, in a reaction, said he had apologised to his wife over the assault, stressing that he also sought the forgiveness of the entire women folk and would make amends going forward.
On her part, Ifeanyinwa reportedly said she had accepted her husband’s apology and forgiven him, saying they needed prayers to grow stronger in love and nurture their kids to maturity.
Pictures of Ortom with the couple were sighted on Facebook with the wife still looking distraught.
The trending video has generated comments from concerned Nigerians who called for the arrest and prosecution of the reporter, despite the reported reconciliation.
- Player in Brazil Serie B match subbed at half-time with COVID-19Brazil Serie B midfielder Valdivia was substituted at half-time during his team Avai’s match against CSA on Saturday after his club were notified he had tested positive for COVID-19. Avai … Continue Reading Player in Brazil Serie B match subbed at half-time with COVID-19
- Domestic Violence: Nigerian man beats wife to death in ItalyNigerian man, Daniel Osaigie has reportedly beats his wife to death in Italy. According to relative to the victim with Twitter handle “@Uncle_Seye” who narrates that the couples had a … Continue Reading Domestic Violence: Nigerian man beats wife to death in Italy
- Kebbi women get FG’s grant, NDE tasks 774,000 jobs beneficiariesMinister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farouk, has kicked off the Federal Government Cash Grant for Rural Women with 5,200 beneficiaries in Kebbi State. Speaking shortly … Continue Reading Kebbi women get FG’s grant, NDE tasks 774,000 jobs beneficiaries
- FBI probing if foreign governments, groups funded extremists who helped execute Capitol attackAs part of the investigation, the FBI is examining payments of $500,000 in bitcoin to key figures and groups in the alt-right before the Jan. 6 riot. The FBI is … Continue Reading FBI probing if foreign governments, groups funded extremists who helped execute Capitol attack
- Coronavirus: Lagos Chief Judge Restricts Court AttendanceThe Chief Judge of Lagos State, Hon. Justice Kazeem Alogba, has restricted the number of persons to be in attendance in courts. This was done as a precautionary measure to … Continue Reading Coronavirus: Lagos Chief Judge Restricts Court Attendance
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes