President Muhammadu Buhari has relieved Dr. Nasiru Mohammed Ladan Argungu from the position of the Director-General of the National Directorate of Employment.
Spokesman Garba Shehu announced this in a press statement on Tuesday.
According to Shehu, the directive was given on Friday, the 4th of December, 2020, and was to take effect from Monday, December 7th, 2020.
The Supervising Minister of the Agency, the Hon Minister of State, Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo, has been directed to nominate an Acting DG from amongst the most Senior Directors based on competencies and seniority to take over from Dr. Argungu until a substantive holder of the post is appointed by Mr. President, the statement added.
No specific reason was given in the statement for the President’s decision.
- Reveals: 127 Soldiers resign from Nigerian ArmyThe 127 soldiers, drawn from the junior cadres of the army, are serving in the force’s various formations in the country.
- Police constable, serving soldier arrested for armed robbery in OndoThe Ondo State Police Command has arrested a newly recruited police constable, David Friday, and a serving soldier, Innocent Victor, for alleged involvement in armed robbery. Briefing newsmen at the command … Continue Reading Police constable, serving soldier arrested for armed robbery in Ondo
- Biden lifts Trump’s immigrant visa ban on NigeriaUS President, Joe Biden, has lifted the immigrant visa ban imposed on Nigeria by Donald Trump, his predecessor. According to the New York Times, Biden reversed the ban on his … Continue Reading Biden lifts Trump’s immigrant visa ban on Nigeria
- Nigeria to spend N7.8 billion on entitlements to ex-presidents, deputies, others in 2021This expenditure is a yearly ritual in the nation’s budgetary cycle, and by the end of this year, it would have cost Nigeria about N68.8 billion in five years.
- If We Continue To Wait For Buhari Government, Herdsmen Will Kill All Of US—Prof AkintoyeThe historian asked people of the Yoruba race and Nigerians to prepare to defend themselves against herdsmen. The Worldwide Leader of the Yoruba global movement, Ilana Omo Oodua, Prof Banji … Continue Reading If We Continue To Wait For Buhari Government, Herdsmen Will Kill All Of US—Prof Akintoye
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes