The Nigerian government has announced a reduction in the pump price of premium motor spirit, otherwise known as petrol, from N168 to N162.44 per litre with effect from December 14.
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, disclosed this at the end of a meeting with labour leaders which began around 9 pm on Monday and ended at 1:30 am on Tuesday.null
The product presently dispenses at N168, following the decision of the Petroleum Products Marketing Company to increase the ex-depot price of petrol from N147.67 per litre to N155.17 per litre in November.
The ex-depot price is the price at which the PPMC sells the product to marketers at the depots.
The minister said a technical committee had been set up to ensure price stability in the industry.
- Iwobi set for 160th EPL game against VillaAlex Iwobi is in line to make his 160th Premier League game when Everton play Aston Villa at Villa Park on Saturday, PUNCH Sports Extra reports. The Nigerian midfielder made his EPL … Continue Reading Iwobi set for 160th EPL game against Villa
- I can’t expose Boko Haram financiers – EFCC boss, BawaThe anti-graft agency boss said issue of terrorism financing is of national security concern that cannot be divulged in public.
- Osimhen brace earn Napoli away draw in Europa League against Leicester – Ndidi sees redVictor Osimhen starred for Napoli, as he helped the Italian side to a draw against Leicester in their Europa League group stage opener on Thursday. The Nigerian striker scored twice … Continue Reading Osimhen brace earn Napoli away draw in Europa League against Leicester – Ndidi sees red
- Take bribes and be fired,’ – Anambra commissioner warns police officersThe new Commissioner of Police in Anambra State, Tony Olofu, has warned officers to shun bribery or face dismissal. Olofu who assumed duty in the state about a week ago … Continue Reading Take bribes and be fired,’ – Anambra commissioner warns police officers
- South-East Govornors absent as Southern colleagues meet in EnuguFour of the five Southeast governors were absent from the Southern Governors meeting that was held in Enugu state today, Thursday, September 16. The host governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu state was the only … Continue Reading South-East Govornors absent as Southern colleagues meet in Enugu