President Muhammad Buhari has said the closure of Nigeria land borders was to curb the smuggling of arms and drugs into the country.
The President disclosed this while giving an outcome of the meeting held with the State Governors in Aso Rock earlier today.
“In my meeting with State Governors today I explained that the closure of Nigeria’s land borders was partly an attempt to control the smuggling in of weapons & drugs. Now that the message has sunk in with our neighbours,we’re looking into reopening the borders as soon as possible.”
“We are investing heavily in weapons and equipment for our military. They have already received armoured cars and other equipment, and aircraft, and more will come in. We will continue to give them all the support they need to fight criminals. We must and will secure Nigeria.”
“Intelligence-gathering is also very critical to ensuring lasting security in Nigeria. In this regard, everyone has a role to play, in addition to the security agencies: Governors, traditional rulers, community leaders, citizens. We must all work to boost intelligence-gathering.”
- Hauwa Adam, FCMB MD’s wife, debunks separation rumoursHauwa Adam Nuru, wife of Adam Nuru, managing director of First City Monument Bank (FCMB), says reports that she moved out of her matrimonial home are false. Adam Nuru made … Continue Reading Hauwa Adam, FCMB MD’s wife, debunks separation rumours
- Trump’s Former Physician Dies At 73President Donald Trump’s former personal doctor — who claimed Trump had dictated a letter insisting he would be the “healthiest” president ever — has died, reports said Thursday. Harold Bornstein … Continue Reading Trump’s Former Physician Dies At 73
- Golden Eaglets Qualify For WAFU Final, Seal U-17 AFCON SpotNigeria’s Golden Eaglets have qualified for the final of the WAFU U-17 tournament in Lome, Togo, following a 1-0 win over Group A winners Burkina Faso at the Stade Kegue. … Continue Reading Golden Eaglets Qualify For WAFU Final, Seal U-17 AFCON Spot
- US Supreme Court Approves Last Federal Execution Of Trump’s EraDustin Higgs, a 48-year-old black man, will receive a lethal injection in the federal penitentiary in Terre-Haute in Indiana, after the final court rejected a stay of execution.
- Armed Forces Day: Buhari is a failure – Nnamdi Kanu mocks President as pigeons refuse to flyNnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra has described President Muhammadu Buhari as a failure. Kanu was reacting to the incident of pigeons refusing to fly after the … Continue Reading Armed Forces Day: Buhari is a failure – Nnamdi Kanu mocks President as pigeons refuse to fly
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes