The Federal Government has reacted to a list by the United States which added Nigeria as a country with severe religious violations.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed in a statement titled ‘Nigeria Denies Religious Freedom Violation Allegation’ said Nigeria jealously protects religious freedom as enshrined in the country’s constitution and takes seriously any infringements in this regard.
He described the US inclusion of Nigeria on the list as a case of “honest disagreement between the two nations on the causes of violence in Nigeria.”
”Nigeria does not engage in religious freedom violation, neither does it have a policy of religious persecution. Victims of insecurity and terrorism in the country are adherents of Christianity, Islam and other religions,” the Minister said.
The United States on Monday for the first time added Nigeria to a blacklist on religious freedom, paving the way for potential sanctions if it does not improve its record.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo designated Nigeria as a “Country of Particular Concern” for religious freedom, alongside nations that include China, Iran, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia.
- If We Continue To Wait For Buhari Government, Herdsmen Will Kill All Of US—Prof AkintoyeThe historian asked people of the Yoruba race and Nigerians to prepare to defend themselves against herdsmen. The Worldwide Leader of the Yoruba global movement, Ilana Omo Oodua, Prof Banji … Continue Reading If We Continue To Wait For Buhari Government, Herdsmen Will Kill All Of US—Prof Akintoye
- Dubai Limits Entertainment Activity As COVID-19 Cases Surge“To ensure public health and safety, all entertainment permits issued will be on hold effective immediately,” Dubai Media Office tweeted.
- Buhari Extends Deadline To Link NIN With SIM Database, Says Telecom OperatorsAccording to a statement signed by ALTON’s Chairman, Engr. Gbenga Adebayo, the directive to extend the deadline was given by President Muhammadu Buhari, as confirmed by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).
- Restructuring Alone Will Not Solve Nigeria’s Problems – JonathanHe stated this on Thursday while speaking at a dialogue on restructuring in Abuja.
- Talents abound in Rivers, Real Madrid Football Academy says The Real Madrid Football Academy says it has discovered football talents in abundance in Rivers State. Speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria in Port Harcourt on Thursday, Chris Green, … Continue Reading Talents abound in Rivers, Real Madrid Football Academy says
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes