The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC Ibadan zonal office on Monday, December 7, 2020 secured 11 convictions before Justice Mohammed Abubakar, Justice Ibrahim Watilat and Justice W. O. Akanbi of the Federal High Court 1 and 2 Abeokuta as well as Oyo State High Court 2 Osogbo, Osun State respectively.
Information gathered by Akewusolaf confirmed.
The convicts are: Tijesunimi Adedolapo Bakare, Oluwole Osholanke Paul Oluwajuwonlo, Adeniran Timileyin, Adebambo Festus Damilare, Olaiya Olamide Olagoke.
Others are Baura Gbenga David, Manuel Obot, Babayanju Enoch Toluwani, Shoyola Joseph, Timehin Olusola Fehintola and Olwagbenga Mujeeb Ejikune.
They all pleaded guilty to the lone-count charge of impersonation, separately filed against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan zonal office.
Prosecution Counsel prayed the court to convict them accordingly.
Justice Abubakar of Federal High Court 1 thereafter sentenced and convicted Adebambo, Adeniran and Oluwajuwonlo to 12 months imprisonment each;
Joseph to 10 months jail term, Babayanju, Obot, Baura and Bakare were convicted and sentenced to four months imprisonment each while Olaiya was convicted and sentenced to two months imprisonment.
Justice Watilat of the Federal High Court 2 convicted and sentenced Fehintola to three months jail term with an option of N300,000 (Three Hundred thousand Naira) fine.
Similarly, Justice W.O Akanbi of Osun State High Court 2, Osogbo also convicted and sentenced Ejikunle to 24 months imprisonment.
Ejikunle was found guilty of an amended charge of obtaining money by false pretence contrary to Section 419 of the Criminal Code of Osun state, 2000.
The convicts are to forfeit all items recovered from them to the Federal Government of Nigeria, and also restitute sundry sums to their respective victims.
- Sale Of Govt Assets Will Benefit Nigerians, Boost Economy – Finance MinisterThe Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed, on Friday, said the Federal Government’s planned sale of public assets will benefit Nigerians and help to boost the economy. In an appearance on … Continue Reading Sale Of Govt Assets Will Benefit Nigerians, Boost Economy – Finance Minister
- Alleged Blasphemy: Court Orders Fresh Trial Of AminuAn Appeal Court in Kano State hearing the case of a singer, Yahya Sharif Aminu, has ordered for a fresh trial of the case. The Kano based singer was convicted … Continue Reading Alleged Blasphemy: Court Orders Fresh Trial Of Aminu
- Trump was a monster president, I won’t re-apply for Green Card – SoyinkaNobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka says he is happy that Joe Biden has assumed the president of the United State, saying Donald Trump was a monster and racist President. Soyinka, … Continue Reading Trump was a monster president, I won’t re-apply for Green Card – Soyinka
- Court bars journalists from proceedings in Deeper Life School scandal caseAs the Magistrate Court sitting in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State commenced hearing of the Deeper Life School scandal yesterday, the court barred journalists from covering the proceedings at its premises … Continue Reading Court bars journalists from proceedings in Deeper Life School scandal case
- Reveals: 127 Soldiers resign from Nigerian ArmyThe 127 soldiers, drawn from the junior cadres of the army, are serving in the force’s various formations in the country.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes