The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC Ibadan zonal office on Monday, December 7, 2020 secured 11 convictions before Justice Mohammed Abubakar, Justice Ibrahim Watilat and Justice W. O. Akanbi of the Federal High Court 1 and 2 Abeokuta as well as Oyo State High Court 2 Osogbo, Osun State respectively.
Information gathered by Akewusolaf confirmed.
The convicts are: Tijesunimi Adedolapo Bakare, Oluwole Osholanke Paul Oluwajuwonlo, Adeniran Timileyin, Adebambo Festus Damilare, Olaiya Olamide Olagoke.
Others are Baura Gbenga David, Manuel Obot, Babayanju Enoch Toluwani, Shoyola Joseph, Timehin Olusola Fehintola and Olwagbenga Mujeeb Ejikune.
They all pleaded guilty to the lone-count charge of impersonation, separately filed against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan zonal office.
Prosecution Counsel prayed the court to convict them accordingly.
Justice Abubakar of Federal High Court 1 thereafter sentenced and convicted Adebambo, Adeniran and Oluwajuwonlo to 12 months imprisonment each;
Joseph to 10 months jail term, Babayanju, Obot, Baura and Bakare were convicted and sentenced to four months imprisonment each while Olaiya was convicted and sentenced to two months imprisonment.
Justice Watilat of the Federal High Court 2 convicted and sentenced Fehintola to three months jail term with an option of N300,000 (Three Hundred thousand Naira) fine.
Similarly, Justice W.O Akanbi of Osun State High Court 2, Osogbo also convicted and sentenced Ejikunle to 24 months imprisonment.
Ejikunle was found guilty of an amended charge of obtaining money by false pretence contrary to Section 419 of the Criminal Code of Osun state, 2000.
The convicts are to forfeit all items recovered from them to the Federal Government of Nigeria, and also restitute sundry sums to their respective victims.
- Schalke 04 Fired Coach Christian Gross Over Alleged Player Revolts“The decision had become unavoidable after results against Dortmund and Stuttgart,” said Schalke chairman Jens Buchta in a statement following Schalke’s 5-1 loss to Stuttgart on Saturday, a week after defeat to local rivals Borussia Dortmund.
- #Blacklivesmatter: U.S. Soccer Abolishes Kneeling For National AnthemIn June, U.S. soccer’s board of directors voted to repeal the no-kneeling policy, which was put in place after Megan Rapinoe kneeled in 2016.
- Myanmar: Protests go bloody as police open fired on ProtestersProtest against Myanmar coup of 1 February
- Schoolgirls Abduction: No community should be in this situation– Isha SesayBritish journalist, Isha Sesay has lent her voice to the recurring kidnapping of schoolgirls in Nigeria, saying no community should be in such situation. The former CNN anchor made the … Continue Reading Schoolgirls Abduction: No community should be in this situation– Isha Sesay
- Bauchi awards N510m contracts for road, drainage constructionGovernor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State on Saturday awarded the sum of N510 million for the construction of a three-kilometer road and 1.5km of drainages in Disina town. Mohammed revealed … Continue Reading Bauchi awards N510m contracts for road, drainage construction
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes