The Minister of Power, Engr Sale Mamman has said that the federal government has granted N5,061,147,103.00 as soft loan to Yola DisCo for mass metering to breach gap in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry.
Mamman during the flag-off exercise in Yola said, the loan is for sourcing of 85,367 meters by the federal government.
The meters comprises of 62,324 single phase and 23,057 three phase meters, under phase zero of the national mass metering program.
He urged the management of YEDC to ensure good use of the facilities to reduce the Aggregate Technical Commercial and Collection (ATC&C) losses in the company.Advertisements
The minister cautioned against tempering with electricity meters as there have been reports of consumers losing lives in the cause of bypassing meters.
The Nigerian electricity market has for many years, struggled with inadequate revenue p, thus creating significant liquidity for all market participants in the value chain. The minister added.
“Major contributors to the funding challenge is the law level of metering for end-use customers.
“This is the principal for customer resistance to payment of electricity bills due to the perceived lack of confidence and trust in estimated billing”.
Governor Ahmadu Fintiri said the metering the people of the state, would solve issues related with power theft and estimated billing.
Fintiri urged the contractor to ensure good use of funds, earmarked for the metering to improving energy for the people.
Engr Mustapha Umara, M.D Yola DisCo, thanked federal government for making the needed funds available for the project.
- Biden Undoes Trump Migration Orders, Pushes For Major ReformScribbled signatures from his pen on Wednesday lifted an entry ban for people from many majority Muslim nations and halted construction of Trump’s border wall with Mexico, heartening immigration defenders left reeling by four years of “America First” nationalism.
- Man City Given Huge FA Cup Scare By League Two Side CheltenhamManchester City were nine minutes away from being dumped out of the FA Cup by League Two Cheltenham, but late goals by Phil Foden, Gabriel Jesus and Ferran Torres spared … Continue Reading Man City Given Huge FA Cup Scare By League Two Side Cheltenham
- Buhari Mourns Emir of Dikwa, Says Nigeria will Miss His ServicesPresident Muhammadu Buhari has mourned the Emir of Dikwa, Shehu ABBA Masta II, saying Nigeria will miss his services. The President in a tribute on Saturday said: “the contributions of … Continue Reading Buhari Mourns Emir of Dikwa, Says Nigeria will Miss His Services
- INEC: NIN Not a Precondition for Prospective Voters•Says commission won’t share constitutional duties with any agency The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Saturday dismissed speculations that the National Identity Number (NIN) was a prerequisite for registration by … Continue Reading INEC: NIN Not a Precondition for Prospective Voters
- Boko Haram allegedly kills nine soldiers in NasarawaNine soldiers have reportedly been killed by Boko Haram insurgents during a rescue operation in a forest along Mararaba-Udege road in Nasarawa state linking Otukpo Oweto in Benue state. The Nation … Continue Reading Boko Haram allegedly kills nine soldiers in Nasarawa
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes