New Orleans rapper, Mystikal, who had been in custody for nearly 1½ years on a rape charge, has been released after his rape charges were dismissed due to lack of evidence.
Tyler was accused of sexual assault after a woman claimed that the rapper sexually assaulted her at a Shreveport casino in October 2016 and was indicted on charges of first-degree rape and second-degree kidnapping.
The rapper, whose real name is Michael Tyler was arrested in 2017 after investigators submitted physical evidence to a lab, they were notified that the DNA linked Tyler and another man named Averweone Holman, 26, to the alleged rape.
Tyler spent 18 months behind bars until he finally posted a $3 million bond in February to secure his release from a Louisiana prison.
“However, additional evidence and information were discovered and the case was resubmitted to this second grand jury in the interest of justice,” the district attorney’s office explained Thursday.
“Based on the grand jury’s decision, the Caddo Parish district attorney’s office will dismiss the charges pending against Mr. Tyler.”
Mystikal’s attorney, Joel Peace, told TMZ … the charges went away because “new scientific evidence emerged causing the Grand Jury to take a second look at the rape allegations made against [him].”
Recommended for you:
- Insecurity: Senate won’t fight Buhari to please anybody — Lawan…Moddibo Adama Varsity sets to transform into new status – VC PRESIDENT of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan, said yesterday that the National Assembly has no reason whatsoever to fight … Continue Reading Insecurity: Senate won’t fight Buhari to please anybody — Lawan
- Kukah: North Central Muslim Group Warns Against Inflammatory RhetoricPresident, North Central Muslim Peace Initiative, Alhaji Saleh Zazzaga, has called for restrain in the inflammatory rhetoric in various quarters and on social media in reaction to the Christmas message … Continue Reading Kukah: North Central Muslim Group Warns Against Inflammatory Rhetoric
- You can’t order herders out of Ondo, presidency tells AkeredoluThe presidency has reacted to the directive of Rotimi Akeredolu, governor of Ondo state, who gave herders a seven-day ultimatum to vacate ondo forest. The governor, who said the decision was … Continue Reading You can’t order herders out of Ondo, presidency tells Akeredolu
- One dead, others injured, as masquerade groups clash in EdoA clash between two masquerade groups in Igarra, administrative headquarters of Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of Edo State, who came out to dance in the annual Ekuochi Festival, has left … Continue Reading One dead, others injured, as masquerade groups clash in Edo
- Why Buhari will be remembered like Trump – FayoseFormer Governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose, on Tuesday, compared President Muhammadu Buhari to US President Donald Trump. Fayose, who has been criticising the present administration, said Buhari would be … Continue Reading Why Buhari will be remembered like Trump – Fayose
- Nigerian man who swallowed 12 pellets of cocaine during arrest in India purges the drugs after 5 daysThe Nigerian national who swallowed 12 pellets containing cocaine after he was arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in Mumbai, has purged the drugs at a hospital on Monday, January … Continue Reading Nigerian man who swallowed 12 pellets of cocaine during arrest in India purges the drugs after 5 days
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes