Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has recovered from COVID-19, his Chief Press Secretary, Gboyega Akosile, announced on Thursday.
“Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu tests negative to COVID-19. Now out of isolation,” Akosile tweeted with a video that showed the governor stepping out to address a press at the State House in Marina.
The state health commissioner, Akin Abayomi, had announced on December 12 that the governor tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Other governors who had tested positive for the virus and recovered include the Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi; Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu; Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed; Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State, amongst others.
Lagos, which is one of the epicentres of coronavirus management in Nigeria, has recorded over 26,000 infections and more than 200 associated deaths since the outbreak of the virus in the country.
The state government recently returned COVID-19 protocols at religious centres and also banned a number of social places from holding gatherings as the country battled the second wave of the pandemic.
Recommended for you:
- Kebbi women get FG’s grant, NDE tasks 774,000 jobs beneficiariesMinister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farouk, has kicked off the Federal Government Cash Grant for Rural Women with 5,200 beneficiaries in Kebbi State. Speaking shortly … Continue Reading Kebbi women get FG’s grant, NDE tasks 774,000 jobs beneficiaries
- FBI probing if foreign governments, groups funded extremists who helped execute Capitol attackAs part of the investigation, the FBI is examining payments of $500,000 in bitcoin to key figures and groups in the alt-right before the Jan. 6 riot. The FBI is … Continue Reading FBI probing if foreign governments, groups funded extremists who helped execute Capitol attack
- Coronavirus: Lagos Chief Judge Restricts Court AttendanceThe Chief Judge of Lagos State, Hon. Justice Kazeem Alogba, has restricted the number of persons to be in attendance in courts. This was done as a precautionary measure to … Continue Reading Coronavirus: Lagos Chief Judge Restricts Court Attendance
- “I’m sorry if I made you angry in anyway” – James Brown apologize to Bobrisky in tears (video)James Brown has apologized to his senior crossdresser, Bobrisky after they clashed on social media. The crossdressers went for each other’s throat over claims of content theft. James in a video he … Continue Reading “I’m sorry if I made you angry in anyway” – James Brown apologize to Bobrisky in tears (video)
- Confusion as Fire razes shops in Surulere, Lagos (video)An inferno resulting from a suspected power surge on Saturday, Jan 16, destroyed 12 shops at Ijesha area of Surulere in Lagos The Acting Head, Lagos Fire and Rescue Service, … Continue Reading Confusion as Fire razes shops in Surulere, Lagos (video)
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes