The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo (SAN), has described the appointment of 40-year-old Abdulrasheed Bawa as the substantiative Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) as a ‘right choice’.
President Muhammadu Buhari announced the choice of Bawa as the new EFCC chairman in a statement by the presidency on Tuesday.
Buhari, last year, sacked the former embattled chairman of the anti-graft agency, Ibrahim Magu.
Recommended For You
- Messi, teammates elects Laporte as Barcelona President
- APC candidate protests as PDP wins Delta chairmanship, councillorship elections
- SERAP asks Buhari to accounts for $25bn overdraft from CBN
- Explosions rocks Equatorial Guinea kill at least 20, over 500 injured
- Nigerian troops, ISWAP battle near Jakana military base
Keyamo, a former EFCC prosecutor, said he can attest to the “intellectual depth and conscientiousness” of the new EFCC chairman.
He said he worked with the new EFCC boss on few cases before his appointment by President Buhari as a minister.
The minister who took to his verified Twitter handle to celebrate the appointment said, “I rarely do this, but having prosecuted for the EFCC for more than a decade before my appointment as Minister, I can attest to the intellectual depth and conscientiousness of this nominee, Abdulrasheed Bawa with whom I did a few matters. Congrats, ahead of the Senate screening.”
Niger Delta Today
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes