Skip to content

Niger governor announces release of abducted travellers

Niger governor announces release of abducted travellers

Passengers on a Niger State Transport Authority (NSTA) bus who were abducted last week have been released.

The announcement was made on Sunday via the official Twitter account of Abubakar Sani Bello, Niger state governor.

The tweet read: “Breaking News: The Niger State Government has succeeded in securing the release of all Abducted #RescueNSTAPassengers. Details shortly.”

On February 15, gunmen had ambushed the commuters who were said to be returning from a wedding in Rijau local government area (LGA) of the state.

At least 21 passengers were reported to have been taken by the gunmen.

Two days later, the kidnappers put out a video of the passengers and demanded a ransom of N500 million for their release.

They had threatened to kill the hostages should the government fail to meet their demands.

The state government had said it would not pay ransom for the abducted passengers and students of Government Science College (GSC), Kagara, who were abducted in the early hours of Wednesday.

Categories

news

Tags

Akewusolaf View All

Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: