The Movement for Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has threatened to blacklist Senator Smart Adeyemi if he fails to apologise to Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State within three days.
MASSOB said the senator representing Kogi West senatorial district recently insulted Ikpeazu on the floor of the Senate because of his ‘inane hatred and disdain for Ndigbo.’
While reacting to Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe’s comment about Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State, Adeyemi had on Tuesday, February 23, 2021, described Ikpeazu as a drunkardgoverning intelligent people in Abia state.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
- BREAKING: Hoodlums set Anambra ‘police zonal headquarters’ ablazeUnknown gunmen have razed the zone 13 police headquarters in Ukpo, Anambra state, during a violent attack. TheCable understands the hoodlums invaded the station on Monday morning and opened fire … Continue Reading BREAKING: Hoodlums set Anambra ‘police zonal headquarters’ ablaze
- Museveni asks MPs to Emulate Jesus Christ“Be shepherds of the flock that God gave you and take care of it willingly as God cares for it. Do your work, not for mere pay but from real desire to serve,” Museveni told MPs, reading 1Peter 5 from the Bible.
- Ekiti: Police arrest 10 suspects over alleged rival cult clashThe Police have confirmed the arrest of 10 suspects over alleged complicity in a rival cult clash in Ikere Ekiti, Ikere Local Government Area of Ekiti. ASP Sunday Abutu, the … Continue Reading Ekiti: Police arrest 10 suspects over alleged rival cult clash
- Troops Arrest Boko Haram informantTroops of the Operation Lafiya Dole have reportedly arrested a suspected Boko Haram informant, Modu Ari, in Yobe State. The Nigerian Army claimed that Ari and his accomplices’ spying activities … Continue Reading Troops Arrest Boko Haram informant
- Before I escape Boko Haram’s den, many schoolgirls were pregnant – VictimsA student of the College of Business and Management Studies in Konduga, Juliana Christopher, who was kidnapped by Boko Haram, has said she saw many Chibok girls in the insurgents’ … Continue Reading Before I escape Boko Haram’s den, many schoolgirls were pregnant – Victims
He added that ‘Abia people are unfortunate to have Ikpeazu as their governor’.
However, in a statement on Thursday, February 25, 2021, MASSOB said Adeyemi has a penchant for insulting Igbo leaders ‘especially those who seem to be doing well in the development of Igbo land.’
The group said the insult against Ikpeazu was ‘because of the 2023 general elections.’
The statement reads in part, “The Movement for Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra wishes to condemn in totality the unprovoked insult and abuse against the Governor of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, by one Senator Smart Adeyemi on the floor of the Senate on Tuesday.
“According to records available to us, this is not the first time Adeyemi and his sponsors have picked on Igbo leaders for abuse because of their inane hatred and disdain for Ndigbo especially those who seem to be doing well in the development of Igbo land.
“Abia State has been rated the best third state for foreign investment and economic stability in Nigeria.
“MASSOB views this unprovoked assault on the person of a sitting governor in Igbo land as an insult to Ndigbo. We can never accept it, they are desperate to discredit Igbo leaders because of the 2023 general elections.”
“MASSOB, therefore, warns Senator Adeyemi that he has three days to publicly apologize to the governor and Ndigbo in general or risk sanctions including being declared persona non grata in all parts of Igbo land.
“We understand that Senator Adeyemi is being driven by his perceived hatred against Ndigbo or have been sponsored by the enemies of Ndigbo for political reasons because he is aspiring to be the next governor of Kogi state but we wish to warn him and others who lend themselves to be used against the aspirations of our people that we are ready for them.”
The group, however, praised Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe for his eloquent representation of Ndigbo, saying his consistency and unshakable spirit are worthy of emulation.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes