Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State on Saturday awarded the sum of N510 million for the construction of a three-kilometer road and 1.5km of drainages in Disina town.
Mohammed revealed this while touring Disina, a community in the Shira Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.
He said that the purpose of the inspection tour was to ensure that the project was delivered on time.
The governor lamented that the historic town was being threatened by floods, pointing out that many houses had been submerged.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
- Man confess raping 10-year-old in Kwara as victim’s family wants no-case
- Chelsea owner, Abramovich set to pull the club out of European Super League
- Insecurity: Nigeria will not be surrender to terrorists – SGF, Boss Mustapha
- EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Internet Fraudsters in Lagos
- Delta: Two kidnappers arrested, four victims rescued by Police
“About three kilometres of road within this town is under construction so that we can open up the community,” he said.
Mohammed expressed satisfaction with the level of work on the road and urged the contractor to expedite action and keep up the good job.
Speaking earlier, Alhaji Abdulkadir Ibrahim, the Commissioner for Works and Transport, said that the community had been yearning for the road and the drainages.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes