Zamfara State Governor, Bello Matawalle, says he accepts the “no fly zone” order of the regime of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).
Matawalle spoke on Wednesday while featuring on Channels Television’s ‘Politics Today’ programme monitored by The PUNCH.
“The decision of Mr President on the no-fly zone, I accept it and I agree with that…People don’t even know that Zamfara does not have an airport. So, the states that have airports and are encountering this kind of situation, what happens to them?” the governor asked.
Matawalle also expressed disappointment that the National Security Council did not consult him before pronouncing the no-fly zone order on the state.
The National Security Adviser, Major General Babagana Monguno (retd.), had on Tuesday said the President approved the declaration of Zamfara as a “no fly zone” as part of efforts to tackle the security challenges being witnessed in the state.
Monguno had also said the President approved the recommendation that mining activities in the state should stop immediately.
There have been unconfirmed reports that bandits get supply of firearms via their conspirators who deliver the arms through aircraft.
But speaking on Wednesday, the governor described such reports as a misinformation, challenging anyone who has an evidence to come forward with it.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
- Official: Tottenham sacks Jose Mourinho, named Ryan Mason as new coachEnglish premier league side, Tottenham Hotspur has sacked coach, Jose Mourinho. According to the Telegraph, Mourinho refused to partake in training on Monday as he’s furious over the club’s involvement in … Continue Reading Official: Tottenham sacks Jose Mourinho, named Ryan Mason as new coach
- We spend N2.9bn on Ramadan welfare – Zamfara govt revealZamfara State government has said it spent a whopping sum of N2.9bn on Ramadan welfare. This was disclosed by the state Commissioner for Information, Alhaji Ibrahim Dosara, in a statement … Continue Reading We spend N2.9bn on Ramadan welfare – Zamfara govt reveal
- Hoodlums set Anambra ‘police zonal headquarters’ ablazeUnknown gunmen have razed the zone 13 police headquarters in Ukpo, Anambra state, during a violent attack. TheCable understands the hoodlums invaded the station on Monday morning and opened fire … Continue Reading Hoodlums set Anambra ‘police zonal headquarters’ ablaze
- Museveni asks MPs to Emulate Jesus Christ“Be shepherds of the flock that God gave you and take care of it willingly as God cares for it. Do your work, not for mere pay but from real desire to serve,” Museveni told MPs, reading 1Peter 5 from the Bible.
- Ekiti: Police arrest 10 suspects over alleged rival cult clashThe Police have confirmed the arrest of 10 suspects over alleged complicity in a rival cult clash in Ikere Ekiti, Ikere Local Government Area of Ekiti. ASP Sunday Abutu, the … Continue Reading Ekiti: Police arrest 10 suspects over alleged rival cult clash
“It is just misinformation and if anybody has that proof, he should prove it beyond reasonable doubt,” Matawalle added.
Though his party, the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, had faulted the pronouncement of the Federal Government, the governor said he was not intimidated by the no-fly order of the ruling All Progressives Congress government.
He said, “I am a parliamentarian, I was in the House of Reps for almost 12 years, I know what happened during (the) Obasanjo (era) when he declared state of emergency in Plateau State which was challenged and the Supreme Court reversed it.
“The emergency rule means that they shall put more security in the area so that they can flush out all the criminals.
“If the National Security Adviser thinks that he can do something about it, let all the states, all the northern states that are affected (by banditry) be put on emergency, All the governors will welcome that because all we need is how these bad elements can be flushed out.”
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes