The Borno State Government has uncovered about 550 fake Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), after conducting a headcount of displaced persons at Mohammed Goni College of Islamic Legal Studies camp in Maiduguri.
Malam Isa Gusau, Special Adviser on Communications and Strategy to Gov. Babagana Zulum, made this known in a statement released on Sunday in Maiduguri.
“At midnight on Sunday, Governor Babagana Zulum paid a visit to Mohammed Goni College of Islamic Legal Studies in Maiduguri, where some Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) from Abadam were camped.
“The governor immediately sealed the entrance and conducted a headcount to identify actual IDPs, to stop the rampant cases of dubious residents pretending to be IDPs, claiming food rations meant displaced persons,” he added.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
- Man confess raping 10-year-old in Kwara as victim’s family wants no-case
- Chelsea owner, Abramovich set to pull the club out of European Super League
- Insecurity: Nigeria will not be surrender to terrorists – SGF, Boss Mustapha
- EFCC Arrests 14 Suspected Internet Fraudsters in Lagos
- Delta: Two kidnappers arrested, four victims rescued by Police
The governor, after the headcount, discovered that only 450 out of the 1,000 IDP households in the records of humanitarian officials were genuine IDPs, while the rest 550 were ghosts.
Zulum lamented that some Maiduguri residents were making dubious claims in other to receive what was meant for IDPs, while also benefiting from other welfare packages targeted at non IDPs.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes