A Jos Upper Area Court in Kasuwan Nama, on Monday, sentenced Shedrack Wilson, 22, to one year imprisonment for stealing a mobile phone.
The Judge, Daniel Damulak, convicted Wilson after pleaded guilty to the one-count charge of theft and begged the court for leniency.
Damulak, however, gave the student an option of N20,000 fine, according to NAN.
The prosecutor, Ibrahim Gowkat, had told the court that the case was reported at the A Division Police station, Jos, on January 31, by one Joseph Okopi.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
- Official: Tottenham sacks Jose Mourinho, named Ryan Mason as new coach
- We spend N2.9bn on Ramadan welfare – Zamfara govt reveal
- Hoodlums set Anambra ‘police zonal headquarters’ ablaze
- Museveni asks MPs to Emulate Jesus Christ
- Ekiti: Police arrest 10 suspects over alleged rival cult clash
The complainant said Wilson, who resides at Gada Biu, dipped his hand into his parked car and picked an iPhone 6 valued at N108,000.
His alarm attracted persons nearby who chased and apprehended the culprit.
Gowat added that the offence contravened section 272 of the Plateau State Penal Code law of Northern Nigeria.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes