A Jos Upper Area Court in Kasuwan Nama, on Monday, sentenced Shedrack Wilson, 22, to one year imprisonment for stealing a mobile phone.
The Judge, Daniel Damulak, convicted Wilson after pleaded guilty to the one-count charge of theft and begged the court for leniency.
Damulak, however, gave the student an option of N20,000 fine, according to NAN.
The prosecutor, Ibrahim Gowkat, had told the court that the case was reported at the A Division Police station, Jos, on January 31, by one Joseph Okopi.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
- I and my husband planned to opt for surrogacy— Liz Anjorin
- Chelsea could end up without trophy – Paul Merson
- Israel Threatens Gaza Ground Invasion Despites Truce Efforts
- Baba Dee denies brother, Sound Sultan’s throat cancer rumours
- Nigerian On Twitter Shares Life Experiences #At23
The complainant said Wilson, who resides at Gada Biu, dipped his hand into his parked car and picked an iPhone 6 valued at N108,000.
His alarm attracted persons nearby who chased and apprehended the culprit.
Gowat added that the offence contravened section 272 of the Plateau State Penal Code law of Northern Nigeria.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes