Gunmen suspected to be bandits have abducted about 30 Maulud passengers along Kankara-Sheme Road in Katsina state.
According to blueinknews.com, the passengers travelling in two big buses were abducted Thursday night while on their way to the annual celebration scheduled for Sokoto.
It was gathered that the gunmen initially abducted 50 passengers but later voluntarily released 20.
They were said to be on their way to Sokoto from Kano state.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
- Ekiti: Police arrest 10 suspects over alleged rival cult clash
- Troops Arrest Boko Haram informant
- Before I escape Boko Haram’s den, many schoolgirls were pregnant – Victims
- Adobe, PDFs developer, Charles Geschke dies at age 81
- Sanwo-Olu Ignore Amotekun in Lagos, Says Neighborhood Watch Is Back By Law
However, there was no information on whether the gunmen had contacted the relations of the victim.
Katsina is one of the states most affected by terrorism and banditry in Nigeria’s North-West region.
On December 11, 2020, some bandits kidnapped 344 students of Government Science Secondary School, Kankara. They were released about a week later.
However, on December 19, 84 Islamiyya students of Hizburrahim Islamiyya in Mahuta village, Dandume Local Government Area of the state were also kidnapped but rescued shortly after.
Akewusolaf is an online Publication. I blog about News| Sports| Politics| Entertainment| Celebrity Gist| Health Tips| Gossip| Personality| Current Affairs| Quotes